In the week we’ve spent with Vegas, we’ve learnt to love him so much more. As with almost all dogs, Vegas needs these basics:
- 12-hourly walks (more or less)
- Food and drink (duh)
- Play – and loads of it.
- Twice weekly shower (wifey says)
Sat down with wifey for an hour and discussed this at length.
- The paper training thingy has turned out to be a total fiasco.
- Confining him in the bathroom for long spells seem a tad cruel.
- The 12-hourly walks dictate that our schedules have to be void of unexpected turns of event.
- Keeping him at home un-confined beyond 12 hours means risk of tile stains, chewed up newspaper and tissues, etc
- We have to keep all doors closed, to prevent B&E.
- He seems to have a bit of a traction control problem on the tiles and laminate wood flooring in the house.
- We have NO IDEA on whether we DID get water into his ears and eyes :-(
- last but not least, I feel that we aren’t able to provide Vegas with the love and attention that he demands.
Sorry Princess… we can’t keep him. We love Vegas a lot, but feel that we can’t handle the requirements. I hope the family you’ve found for him can give him better care, and much more attention than we could.
p.s. He’ll return with the blue minty bone and will play fetch :-P
p.p.s. The Professional came today and shot Vegas. Like a hundred times. I’ll put pix up when I get them. :-)