Modified from a recent Reader’s Digest…
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 3 medium red onions, chopped
– 4 rashers of bacon, thinly sliced
– 120g packaged frozen chopped spinach. Thawed, drained, squeezed.
– 3 eggs
– 120g shredded cheddar
– pepper (guestimate!)
– Preheat oven to 175°c.
– Lightly grease a pie pan.
– Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add onions to cook till soft, then bacon, then spinach. Cook until excess moisture has evaporated
– In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and pepper (if you don’t have bacon, add some salt here). Add fried spinach mixture and mix well.
– Scoop into prepared pan, bake for about 30mins. The mixture will be bubbling a little. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.